Chia Muesli bar
Baking tray, oil spray to grease baking tray, baking paper
1 cup rolled oats
1/2 cup desiccated coconut
1/2 cup white chia seeds
1/2 cup sunflower kernels
1/2 cup pumpkin seeds
1 cup sultanas
1 1/2 cups puffed brown rice
1/3 cup golden syrup
1/2 teaspoon of vanilla essence
1 tablespoon brown sugar
What to do
1. Grease and line a baking tray.
2. In a frying pan, toast the oats, coconut, chia seeds, sunflower kernels and pumpkin seeds. Stir continuously until the coconut turns golden.
3. Transfer to large bowl and set aside to cool.
4. Once cooled, add the sultanas and puffed brown rice.
5. Melt butter, golden syrup, vanilla essence and brown sugar in a small saucepan over medium heat, stirring continuously until sugar dissolves. Simmer, without stirring, for around 6 minutes.
6. Add hot mixture to dry ingredients
7. Stir and stir until all of the dry ingredients are thoroughly coated.
8. Spoon the mixture into the prepared baking tray. Use a large metal spoon to press the mixture down firmly.
9. Place into the fridge for at least 30 minutes.