Soak the linseed in water. Yes, you MUST do this to soften it.
Mix coconut oil and honey together.
Throw wet ingredients into a small bowl. So this includes the oil, sugar, eggs and the linseed/water mixture.
Combine dry ingredients in another bowl and then add in the wet ingredients. Mix well.
Use a spoon to get them into cookie shapes and pop onto a baking tray lined with baking paper.
Bake for 10-15 minutes at 180 degrees. Or until golden brown. Set aside to cool and then eat as many as you can whilst feeding bub.
Dairy Free Sugar Free Gluten Free Baking
Peanut Butter Biscuits
Combine all ingredients in a large bowl. Stirring through the peanut butter and honey can be a challenge; I find it easier to melt down the two together in a pot over the stove first, then mix through the dry ingredients. Roll into balls, flatten with a fork and bake at 160 for around 8-10 minutes (til slightly browned). This makes around 24.
MAKE THEM SMALL SO THEY COOK EVENLY. THEY DONT RISE OR SPREAD.
Apricot Coconut Cookies
Cinnamon Nut Cookies
Whizz dates in the blender until they form a lump like sticky brown sugar. Remove and place in a bowl. Add the nuts and cocoa to the blender and whizz until they resemble biscuit crumbs. Place in the bowl with all other ingredients. Get your hands in there and combine. Then roll into little balls. You can roll them in extra cocoa, coconut or crushed nuts if you like. Keep them in the fridge.
Seed and Nut Bliss balls
Vanilla Almond Bliss Balls
Combine all ingredients in the food processor. Roll into balls and then in extra desiccated coconut. Place in fridge for at least an hour.
Thai Papaya Salad
What to do
Mortar and pestle the chillies, and garlic into a paste. Then add green beans and tomatoes to gently crush. Combine lime juice, mirin/palm sugar and fish sauce in a separate bowl until all ingredients are dissolved. Mix all ingredients in salad bowl to serve and top with toasted almonds.
Nettle pie with spinach & goats fetta
Greens from the garden
What to do:
1. Line a baking dish with thinly sliced sweet potato
2. Cook off the garlic and onion in a pan with a little organic butter
3. Sauté the greens in the same pan
4. Take off heat and combine with whisked eggs
5. Salt and pepper to taste
6. Transfer mix to the prepared dish, layer top with goats cheese, LSA and tomatoes
7. Bake for until cooked
Warm quinoa and apple porridge
Place quinoa and apples in a pan and warm gently. Serve with honey or cinnamon as a low GI, gluten free breaky idea.
Chia Muesli bar
Baking tray, oil spray to grease baking tray, baking paper
1 cup rolled oats
1/2 cup desiccated coconut
1/2 cup white chia seeds
1/2 cup sunflower kernels
1/2 cup pumpkin seeds
1 cup sultanas
1 1/2 cups puffed brown rice
1/3 cup golden syrup
1/2 teaspoon of vanilla essence
1 tablespoon brown sugar
What to do
1. Grease and line a baking tray.
2. In a frying pan, toast the oats, coconut, chia seeds, sunflower kernels and pumpkin seeds. Stir continuously until the coconut turns golden.
3. Transfer to large bowl and set aside to cool.
4. Once cooled, add the sultanas and puffed brown rice.
5. Melt butter, golden syrup, vanilla essence and brown sugar in a small saucepan over medium heat, stirring continuously until sugar dissolves. Simmer, without stirring, for around 6 minutes.
6. Add hot mixture to dry ingredients
7. Stir and stir until all of the dry ingredients are thoroughly coated.
8. Spoon the mixture into the prepared baking tray. Use a large metal spoon to press the mixture down firmly.
9. Place into the fridge for at least 30 minutes.
Fruit and Nut Breakfast Bar
½ cup of dried dates
½ cup of water
½ cup of tahini
¾ cup of rolled oats
¼ cup spelt flour
1 tsp cinnamon
1/3 cup of mixed nuts
1/3 cup of mixed seeds
What to do
1. Grease and line a baking tray.
2. Blend the date ingredients until smooth paste forms.
3. Combine with dry ingredients and mix well
4. Spoon the mixture into the prepared baking tray. Use a large metal spoon to press the mixture down firmly.
5. Place into the fridge for at least 30 minutes.
What to do
Bread Free Breakfasts
Ideas for a bread free breakfast:
Better than muesli: 1 apple, cored and quartered, handful of almonds, handful of macadamias, handful of pumpkin seeds, handful of sunflower seeds, handful of desiccated coconut, handful of goji berries, 1/4 teaspoon of vanilla, 1/4 teaspoon of cinnamon, a few grinds of salt. Start with putting your apple into your blender or food processor, and then add the remaining ingredients in the order listed. Pulse quickly until desired consistency is reached. Be careful not to over blend. Enjoy with yoghurt.
Seed breakfast: 1 cup of both sunflower seeds & sesame seeds, dry roast them in a hot pan for a few minutes until brown and popping. Put in a bowl and top with 2 tbsp. natural yoghurt and some berries or grated apple or banana. This is really filling and super yummy
Apple eggs: 1 large green apple, 2 eggs, ½ tsp. turmeric, 1 tsp. ginger or galangal a little water (a few tsps.). Dice the apple into little cubes. Put the water, apple and spices into the hot pan. Once the Apple has soaked up the water and spices, whisk the eggs and pour over the apples (like a pikelet) Cook until brown.
Oat bran eggs: 2 eggs, a little water, 1 tsp. rice bran oil, ½ cup oat bran, cinnamon and nutmeg. Place all ingredients into a bowl and whisk well. Then pour into a pan and cook like pikelets. You can serve with stewed or grated fruit and or yoghurt.
Fruit omelette: 2 eggs, 1 tsp. corn flour, berries/banana/apple/cinnamon. Whisk eggs and corn flour and cook like a pancake cook the fruit in the omelette or add as a topping.
Smoothie: 1 banana, 1 cup of milk, 1 tbsp. LSA, 1 tbsp. flax seed oil, 2 tbsp. yoghurt, 1 tsp. honey. Blend all ingredients until smooth. Add more liquid if you want it less chunky. Frozen bananas work esp. well.
Date smoothie: 1 cup nonfat yogurt, 1 cup nonfat milk, 1 cup (packed) pitted Medjool dates, 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract, 2 cups ice cubes. Purée yogurt, milk, dates, and vanilla in blender until smooth. Add ice cubes; puree until mixture is thick and smooth. Divide between 2 glasses and serve.
Baked eggs: lightly oil a ramekin or oven proof cup with rice bran oil. Place a combination or all of the following on the bottom: mushroom, spinach, garlic, tomato, asparagus, zucchini, left over roast vegetables (capsicum, sweet potato, onion, broccoli etc.), or Tofu. Place 1-2 eggs on top. Season with salt and pepper. Bake in a hot oven (220 degrees C) until almost done. Yolks are best a little runny. Takes about 8 to 12 minutes depending on your oven. These can be prepared the night before and popped in the oven while you are in the shower.
1. Line a 8”x8” baking pan with baking paper, allow it to hang over the edge.
2. Combine the first 8 ingredients in a large bowl and mix.
3. Add maple syrup and apple sauce and mix
4. Add almond butter, mix
5. Place batter in tin pressing down firmly.
6. Place in freezer for 1 hour
7. Remove from freezer and tin, remove paper and slice into 16 pieces.
8. Store in a sealed container in the freezer
You can substitute any nuts, seeds or fruit as desired.
Basic quick quinoa recipe.
Combine all ingredients in a bowl the night before:
½ cup quinoa flakes
2/3 cup almond milk
½ tablespoon of chia seeds
½ teaspoon of cinnamon
¼ teaspoon vanilla extract
In the morning you may like to add more liquid if the ingredients have soaked it all up.
Top with your favorite toppings
Dollop of almond butter and fresh strawberries
Chopped dates and walnuts
Cacao nibs, fresh cherries and nut butter
Grated carrot, walnuts and sultanas
LSA, coconut, honey and berries
Or try your own creation.